- 0:32 – When Lump Sum Investment is better than Dollar Cost Averaging…and vis versa
- 1:31 – What Vanguard, one of the biggest fund manager in the world found to be best for investors.
- 2:21 – Why you don’t need to be a fortune teller to invest profitably
- 2:51 – How to decide which method is suitable for yourself
In today’s #AskDrWealth series, I’ll be discussing a common question we get from investors and students:
Should I do Lump Sum Investing or Dollar Cost Averaging?
For new investors out there, making the right decision between these two investing styles, can be challenging.
But that is about to change today because I’m going to tell you all …read more
- 0:19 – The Truth to the ‘Investing Like Warren Buffett‘ lie
- 0:40 – What 3 top finance academics found when they broke down the source of Warren Buffett’s excess returns to its bare elements
- 1:12 – The 2 criteria that allowed Warren Buffett to pocket excess returns from the stock market
- 2:23 – The 2 advantages that made Warren Buffett a billionaire…and why small investors like us CANNOT get the same returns as him
Today is our first #AskDrWealth series. In this video, I’ll be sharing with you the two stock picking criteria that made Warren Buffett a billionaire, and the things we can learn from him as investors.
As we all know, Warren Buffett is the most successful and famous investor in the world. Because of this, there are many people who want emulate his investing style.
Many books have been written about him containing different versions about his investing style. However, Warren Buffett has never really explicitly talked about his way of investing. This makes it harder for people to know how he actually …read more
By firstname.lastname@example.org (Singapore Man of Leisure)
In most cultures and spiritualities, the single-minded pursuit and obsession with money is considered crass.
Singapore is arguably growing into one of the competitive financial centers.
One of those who help establish that is the increasing number of high networth individuals. This has then spun a financial status that people may want to .
an accredited investor is an investor with a special status under financial regulation laws. They are sometimes even called sophisticated investors. Thus making it sound enticing and fancy.
These investors are usually either of the following:
- High Net-worth Individuals
- Financial Institutions
- Large Corporations
These entities have access to complex and higher-risk investments …read more
One of the most used and thrown around term when it comes to investing is ‘playing stocks’.
Usually, people think that playing is the same as investing. However, there is a huge difference between the two.
As we all know, Singapore’s financial industry is very active. With this, there are a number of people exposed to
investing speculating. While there are some who are good at it, there are others who fail.
One reason for this is the misconception of ‘playing stocks’.
So before you fall into this pit, we have here in this article the necessary information you need to know about investing. Specifically on why you should not ‘play’ stocks but invest in it.
What is Playing Stocks?
To put it bluntly, playing stocks can be associated to ‘gambling’ and ‘speculation.’ These are basically what people do to make “quick-money” off the stock market.
Playing with stocks involve high degrees of risk. Like gambling, playing stocks seems more like a recreational activity. In short, playing stocks do not take investing seriously.
If you do this, there is a high risk that you’ll fail in your investments. Playing is a “chance” opportunity. You’ll either be the loser or the winner. Either way, you’ll most definitely win …read more
Did you know that forex exchange market is the largest financial market in the world and it is many times larger than of stock market?
It is no surprise that forex trading has taken off in Singapore over the past couple years. In this article we will share with you what forex trading is about.
What is Forex Trading?
As the business industry moves to being global, people and entities need negotiable tools to effectuate transactions.
Currencies have different values in different countries.
This dilemma is recognized by such as banks, hedge funds and investments managers make up the biggest participants in the forex trading.
Banks serve as the facilitators of trading for their clients, while hedge funds and investment managers have pension accounts and the likes involve in the market.
A portion of the player’s pie consists of individual traders or the …read more
By email@example.com (Singapore Man of Leisure)
Men have a lot to learn from women!
Women intuitively know how to focus on their strengths:
Got hair; toss their hair back or slide their hair with finger behind back of ear.
What would you ask if you could seat down with a multi-million hedge fund’s manager?
We got to do exactly that recently at our first Bid and Ask Interview session.
Alvin pries into Kian Soon’s insights to investing and reveals:
Multi-million hedge fund manager, Kian Soon reveals:
- 0:20 – How growing up in a shophouse has inspired Kian Soon to enter the world of investing.
- 2:15 – Why Kian Soon is extremely bullish about the Asian Market and Asian equities?
- 2:40 – 5 value investing strategies that allowed Kian Soon to pocket above market returns
- 4:11 – 5 stocks that Kian Soon is watching closely now*
- 6:54 – How Astral Asset Management rides on the successes of professional investors like Warren Buffett, Peter Lynch, etc who have consistently profited from stocks, and grew into a multi-million hedge fund.
- 8:05 – 3 key elements that investors must grasp before they will ever see consistent profits
- 9:09 – How much time should you be devoting to research before you invest in stocks?
- 9:49 – How many stocks should an ideal portfolio have?
- 10:26 – If you have $50,000 to invest, which Value Investing Strategy should you use for the best …read more